A Young Carer is a child or young person under the age of 18 who provides regular and ongoing care and emotional support to a family member who is physically or mentally ill, disabled or misuses substances.
Eastern Ravens Trust
Eastern Ravens Trust, based in the Community Zone at North Shore Academy, is a registered charity and company limited by guarantee based in Stockton-on-Tees.
The organisation has distinct aims and objectives aimed at supporting the informal education of children and young people experiencing social exclusion and/or disadvantage alongside supporting local volunteers.
To visit their website, please click here
NHS Being a Young Carer – Your Rights
The NHS has lots of information regarding Young Carers which can be found here
Supporting Young Carers – The Children’s Society
They help Young Carers find balance, give them space to enjoy being young and support them into adulthood so they can pursue their dreams outside of caring. To visit their website please click here
Young Carers – Banardo’s
At our services across the UK we:
- organise outings and activities for young carers
- give young carers advice and emotional support through counselling sessions
- help the family get support from social services
- talk to a young carer’s school, so teachers understand their situation and can be supportive
- run drop-in centres where young carers can take a break, have fun, be a child – and meet other young carers
To visit their website, click here